Applicants should meet the following requirements or their equivalents:
- Academic Excellence: Your Bachelor’s final grade should be above average
(B or better, 3.0 or better, ... )
- English language proficiency, approved by TOEFL PBT 550,
or TOEFL iBT 79, or IELTS 6.0 (does not apply for native speakers)
- German language proficiency (see note below): Goethe Institut Grundstufe II or 400 hours (does not apply for native speakers) - equivalent to level A2 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages
- A bachelor of science degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering is recommended
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment in which different cultures, ideas, perspectives, and approaches will be encountered
- Readiness to attend German language courses in order to better learn about German culture and daily life in this country
An important note regarding the proof of your language skills:
It is not required to prove your English and German proficiency at the time of application - your application will still be taken into account by the Selection Committee regardless of your language skills.
However, it is absolutely essential to prove your language skills BEFORE starting the study program in October.
Should you be selected for the program without having submitted any language certificate yet, your admission will be provisional – and turned into a final admission only after providing the missing documents (by the beginning of October the latest). If by the beginning of October these documents are still missing, your admission will not be finalized and you won´t be enrolled in the program.
All ECM courses in the first semester are completely taught in English. In the second semester ECM students usually carry out an internship. There are many international companies and research institutes in Germany, where the working language is German. In the third study semester some of the courses, mainly required electives, are taught in German.
Thus, German profiency during the first year of your stay will not have an impact on your study success.
Language courses parallel to the ECM study courses and training in real life during cultural events or by joining the language tandem program usually help students to expand their German language skills quickly.
In order to apply for the program Energy Conversion Management please click on the logo:
Thank you for your interest in applying to our master's degree program Energy Conversion and Management.
Your application for winter semester should be entered online through OASIS before 30 April each year.
Due to the large number of applications that reach us every year a two part application process has been introduced.
Apply to the program using our online application system (OASIS). The selection committee will then screen your online application.
Within four weeks you will be notified as to whether or not you have been selected to provide a complete application. We try to make our decision as quickly as possible to enable students, that are not chosen to participate in Part 2, to pursue other opportunities.
Thank you for your patience!
To apply for the program Energy Conversion and Management please click on the logo:
Part 2 applies when you have been invited to send your completed application documents by mail (post).
In this case you will be invited to send a paper based application. Please print out the form generated in OASIS, attach your recent picture, sign it and include the following documents:
- Certified copy of Bachelor's Degree (translated into either English or German)
- Certified transcripts of marks (translated into either English or German)
- Copy of TOEFL test results (institutional code: 7087)
- Proof of German proficiency level A2 (Goethe Grundstufe II or 400 hours of German at University, language school etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation (explanation why you want to study ECM)
Before mailing your application, please be sure that you have completed and signed the application, added a recent picture, and included the other required documents in a single envelope (no folders or extra covers). Please send the envelope to us at the following address:
Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
If your paper-based application has been finally admitted, we will contact you within eight weeks after deadline.
Please note, that we do not send back any applications. Therefore, send just certified copies, no original documents!